Proficient with: jQuery UI, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Java EE, JAX-RS, JAXB, REST, XSLT, XSD, PHP, CakePHP, SVN, Perforce, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, JSP/Servlets, Velocity, JUnit, C#/.NET, Bash, Windows Batch, MIDI, MySQL, PL/SQL, Bugzilla, Hudson/Jenkins CI, Photoshop, Emacs.
Some experience with: JIRA, Confluence, PostgreSQL, Git, Ruby, Rails, AOP, SOAP, JAX-WS, PostgreSQL, JPA, Hibernate, NetBeans, UML, C, C++, Lua, Perl, Python, Thymeleaf, AWS, Mockito, Google Analytics, Google Maps API, WordPress, Facebook Connect API, OS X.
Master of Science in Information Systems:
DeSales University, Center Valley, PA, January 2012, GPA: 3.75
Bachelor of Science: Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, May 2007, GPA: 3.57
Major: Computer Science, GPA 3.8; Minor: Mathematics, GPA 3.6
Distinctions: cum laude with honors, Dean’s List 6 semesters
Senior Member of Technical Staff: athenahealth, Inc., Watertown, MA, January 2017 – present
Software Developer: athenahealth, Inc., Watertown, MA, October 2014 – January 2017
- Work with product owners, other developers, and user experience to design and deliver business value via new functionality, highlighting technical debt and refactoring when appropriate, and addressing gaps in existing functionality and performance/scalability in a core component of a cloud-based electronic health record system’s revenue stream.
- Serve as scrum master for my team, helping to guide work estimation and break tasks into manageable pieces, as well as working within and across teams to alleviate impediments/roadblocks.
- Aid in managing requests and escalations from operations teams as well as helping to identify workarounds.
- Quickly bring myself up to speed with unfamiliar technology/code, and constantly seek to learn better ways to do things.
Systems Developer: Andesa Services, Inc., Allentown, PA, May 2012 – September 2014
- Made significant contributions toward adding new features, fixing bugs, improving performance, and increasing code maintainability in a legacy Java client/server application that is used by several leading insurance carriers daily.
- Coordinated with other developers, quality assurance, business analyst, and client services teams to identify/prioritize needs and produce high quality software changes.
- Created estimates and consistently met or beat deadlines.
- Played a key role in an application’s conversion from JBoss 5 to JBoss 7 and from Ant to Maven.
- Developed process to sync actor data across disparate databases for one of our largest clients, which proved reusable for other clients.
Web Developer/Webmaster: Urology Specialists of the Lehigh Valley, Allentown, PA, 2007 – 2016
- Worked with USLV staff to generate quality content to educate existing patients and draw new ones.
- Created LAMP-based content management system.
- Converted Photoshop mockups into standards-compliant HTML/CSS.
Residential Technician: Muhlenberg College Office of Information Technology Helpdesk, Allentown, PA, 2004 – 2007
- Diagnosed/solved hardware/software issues with students’ computers.
- Created software to automate and expedite spyware/virus scans.
- Created instructions/tools that were distributed to the student body.
- Promoted within 4 months.
- Consistently repaired 5+ PCs per week, reducing number of infected computers on the network and saving people time and anguish.
Certifications and Continuing Education
|On-Site Training, accelebrate.com||November 2013||RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
SOA and Web Services with JAX-WS on JBoss
|MOOC, edx.org||Aug., Sep. 2013||CS-169.1x, CS-169.2x: Software as a Service|
|Certification||March 2013||Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer|
Awards and Presentations
|2006, 2007||Received Muhlenberg College’s Dr. Anthony J. Marino, Jr. Award in Computing Science|
|2006||Presented “Virtual Environment,” a LAMP-based exploration tool, at CCSCNE|
|2006||Received 3rd place in CCSCNE student programming contest (out of 26 teams)|